Miami Now is a smart, sassy, and sophisticated weekly daytime show for the modern viewer! It’s driven by the personality and wit of host Michelle Madison (creator, multimedia producer, and writer) who delivers an honest and informative take on topics that range from current events to lifestyle. With a focus on the culturally diverse women of south Florida, Miami Now is a truly unique magazine format program that reflects the modern woman! Signature segments include our travel feature “2 Girls & a Camera”, hair-centric feature“Mane Tales“, Shoe Snaps, the “Curvy Cook ” & more!
Michelle is an award-winning journalist and the creator, Executive Producer, writer, and host of Miami Now TV. She’s also the force behind the show’s signature event “Vote in Vogue: The Chic Voter Registration Drive”. The goal is to use the show’s platform for a greater good. The magazine format program was conceptualized and penned while she was still a broadcasting student. She joined the first news team on TeleAmerica Broadcasting Network as the International News Anchor/ Multimedia Producer. Prior, Michelle freelanced as an Entertainment Reporter/TV Host covering red carpet events, fashion shows, major award shows, and hosting a live local program. Her interviewees include media & fashion mogul Kimora Lee Simmons, Hip-Hop tycoon Russell Simmons, superstar athletes Shaquille O’Neal and Alonzo Mourning, R&B performer/songwriter Ne-yo and more! Though Michelle laughs and didn’t consider herself a “real” model then because she loves to eat and is working on getting an exercise routine, she has appeared in commercials for global brands like MTV, KFC, My33, and a video spokesmodel for Broward College. Legacy Magazine has listed Michelle as one of south Florida’s 40 Under 40.
Immediately after graduating, the big apple was just the challenge she wanted! Her internship with MTV didn’t include the grunge work of getting coffee like most would think. Instead, her tenacity and drive were quickly noticed and she was put to work! During her time in New York, Michelle appeared on MTV Networks’ college channel, mtvU as a guest co host/panelist on “The Dean’s List” and “The Freshmen”.
A native of Kingston, Jamaica, she primarily grew up in South Florida. Michelle is the first person in her family to graduate from college and recalls the first time setting foot on campus as being au inspiring! While in the top ranked journalism program at the University of Florida, Michelle served as the Anchor for Cox Local Edition News and as an Anchor/Reporter/Producer for the campus station WUFT-TV. While earning her degrees in Telecommunication-News and Productions, she covered stories from the memorial of Florida’s historic racial tragedy in Rosewood to the politics of the state’s aquifers and even secured an interview with Presidential hopeful, Senator John McCain. For her work in radio with WRUF-AM as a Host/Producer for Mid-Florida Public Radio, she won a distinction for In-Depth Reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists. Who knows when she found time to be crowned “Miss Congeniality”!
A true “Renaissance” reporter wearing many hats, Michelle is pursuing her certification in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University. While with NBC6/ Telemundo she was a News/Weather Apprentice for “South Florida Today” and worked under the guidance of her mentor, Anchor/Host/Meteorologist, Trina Robinson. She also blends her artistry for writing, fashion, and forecasting as a contributing blogger on FWF (Fair Weather Fashions).
Michelle is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority, Inc., South Florida Black Journalist Association, and the American Meteorological Association. Follow her on IG @Michelle_MadisonTV. Reel link below
Yamari Lesca was born and raised in Miami, Fla. She is a “Cuba-Rican,” ( an
endearing term she created to describe her heritage: one part Cuban and
one part Puerto Rican.) As a child, Lesca was always praised for her
writing abilities, so she dedicated herself to her craft. “Writing became
my escape from anything that ever bothered me. Anytime I felt sad or happy,
mad or excited, I’d write about it.”
Lesca obtained a bachelor’s in mass communications from Florida
International University. She has worked as an associate producer for a
local TV morning show and as an editorial coordinator for an upscale
Spanish publication highlighting luxury living in Miami.
Currently she hosts her own lifestyle blog Your Go to Gal, which focuses on
fashion, beauty and things to do in Miami. The idea for the blog came to
her when she realized how much her friends and co-workers valued her tastes
and opinions in everything from fashion to dating and the hottest spots to
check out. Her love for all these things led her to Miami Now TV, where
you can find her giving you the latest 411. She’s our go to gal and now
she’s yours too! Follow Yamari @YourGoToGal
Join the Team!
The Digital Account Executive will play a critical role within Miami Now TV’s advertising sales team, with a focus on driving digital revenue through the direct sales of our portfolio of television and digital sponsorship and online advertising products – including, but not limited to: digital display ads, content sponsorship (branded entertainment), and integrated television and digital media features. All candidates must have directly related PR experience, strong media and fashion industry contacts, and exceptional writing skills. The right person for the job is a results driven, effective communicator who has an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive work ethic, and strong organizational skills.
· 1-2 years experience in sales/marketing/advertising required.
· Experience working directly with and managing clients.
· Self-starter as well as a team player.
· Ability to perform within a fast-paced, multi-priority setting and a passion for the sales/marketing industry.
· Have established relationship with brands and/or businesses.
· Proficient at drafting pitches.
· Confident acting as primary day-to-day client contact.
· Extremely organized with a sharp eye for detail and the ability to multitask effectively under deadlines.
· Educated on social media, fashion & PR industry trends, news and current events.
· Strong pitcher.
· Develop and foster a stellar rapport with current and potential clients.
· Positive and upbeat attitude
We are looking for candidates to start immediately. Please email resume and cover letter to MiamiNowTV@Gmail.com to apply.
Social Media Internship:
If you’re an intern that’s passionate, eager to learn and has a good attitude, then we want you! Our Social Media Intern will work with the Executive Producer and producers to brainstorm and execute the voice of the show via social media. Candidates have taken at least 1-2 courses in social media and understand SEO, hashtags, trending topics, posting, live Twitter chat etc. on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pintrest, Youtube, Vine and more! Assistance that will be provided will includes gathering production elements for taped programming such as: video clips, graphics and research support.
· Social media ninja with a passion for engaging our audience.
· Ability to perform under deadline.
· -Pursuing a degree in Social Media preferred but Public Relations andMarketing are acceptable.
· -Understanding of social media platforms and there use including Facebook, Twitter, Instagtram, Pintrest, Youtube, Vine and more.
· Creative thinkers and quick learners.
This is a Part-Time, unpaid internship and candidates must receive internship credit through their college|university.
• Assisting Producers, and pre- and post- production teams.
• Market research.
• Coordinate and implement online marketing and advertising campaigns.
• Refresh and continually update website and links.
· Demonstrated ability to work hard with success in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Internet and Tech Savvy with use of WordPress, Hootsuite, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media platforms weekly and during event coverage.
· Work closely with Executive Producer to aggregate original, compelling, and witty content in line with show’s lifestyle segments including but not limited to “Mane Tales”, “Shoe Snaps”, DIY, How-to, health, finance, travel, events and more!
We are looking for candidates to start immediately. Please visit http://www.internships.com/media/Production-AssistantSocial-Media-Internship to apply.
There are no On-Air Positions